Founder of zhineng qigong
Who is Grandmaster Dr Pang Ming
Dr Pang is a significant figure in the history of Qigong. He was born in Dingxing County, Hebei Province China. Since his childhood, he was influenced by the practice of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Martial Arts. In 1988, he founded the Hua’Xia Zhineng Qigong Training Center in China, which quickly became one of the most popular qigong centers in the country.
Dr Pang Ming is a doctor and a Qigong master who created Zhineng Qigong after devoting decades to training in various Qigong forms as well as Martial Arts, Traditional Chinese medicine and Western Medicine.
At the age of 6, Dr Pang started his training with Traditional Qigong, Tai Chi and Martial arts. He studied Traditional Chinese medicine and Western Medicine at Beijing Medical College and graduated in 1958 . This became a basis for his work. From the 1950s -70s he trained in Martial arts, Buddhist Qigong, Daoist Qigong receiving teachings from several of the most proficient high-masters of the time. By the 1970s he achieved high status as a lead Traditional Chinese medicine doctor even working with senior government officials.
When the Ministry of Health had their first session in 1978, to bring together modern medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine, he was a prominent member. The following year of 1979, as he attended another national conference, Dr Pang Ming held the position of Senior Advisor to the Director of TCM in the Ministry. Later that year he was the main organizer of the first Chinese Qigong Conference. Dr Pang Ming also founded the Beijing Qigong Science Association and initiated the first national convention on Qigong. In the 1980s he would establish Zhineng Qigong, a combination of the best practices he was taught throughout his lifetime.
An Interview with Dr Pang Ming
In this interview with Dr Pang Ming titled Nature as last resort Qigong and its use to combat fatal illnesses, Dr Pang Ming discusses Zhineng Qigong, the Hua’Xia Zhineng Qigong Center and his work on healing people with a variety of illnesses. He mentions key practices and the fundamentals of this healing modality. This is an interview of Dr Pang Ming read by Zhineng Qigong Teachers Britta Stalling and John Millar. In collaboration with the Hunyuan Qi therapy program and The Qigong Academy, we bring you an informative and insightful tool with stunning visuals from the medicine-less hospital.
Take your practice one step further no matter where or who you are. For beginners we offer the Free Qigong Starter Kit, as an introduction to this wisdom healing Qigong. For more serious practitioners with a true belief and trust in Zhineng Qigong we offer the 2-year long Hunyuan Qi Therapy training program, an invaluable tool that incoporates teachings and methods from the medicine-less hospital itself. For all practitioners, and anyone with an interest in improving their daily life, we invite you to attend our Free Ask A Master sessions.
What is Zhineng Qigong?
From mind, body & soul to Jing, Qi & Shen these methods make use of external and internal Qi (energy) to rejuvenate and revitalise.
This immersive healing modality, is an open style practice. It uses both body and mind to enhance health and heal illness. The practice is done in a meditative state of deep relaxation, using visualization with physical movement and merges the essences of various styles of qigong. Dr. Pang Ming developed and popularized the practice of Zhineng Qigong, which is a form of qigong that focuses on integrating the mind, body, and qi (life force energy) for healing and self-improvement. It consists of several healing methods aimed to enhance and normalize the body’s Qi. This action of regulating the Qi has been proven to restore one’s health, improve the functioning abilities of the body and eliminate illnesses and diseases. After practicing, one cannot help but feel refreshed, and lighter both physically and mentally
Dr Pang Ming Explains Qi
Wisdom Healing Methods
Some of Dr Pang Ming’s main impacts:
- Founder of Zhineng Qigong: Dr Pang Ming developed and founded the Zhineng Qigong system, which emphasizes the integration of body, mind, and spirit for healing and self-improvement.
- Innovator of Qigong techniques: Dr Pang Ming developed several innovative Qigong techniques, including “Lift Qi Ip and Pour Qi Down,” which involves visualizing and directing Qi (vital energy) through the body.
- Pioneering research on Qigong: Dr. Pang Ming conducted extensive research on the benefits of Qigong practice, both in terms of physical and mental health. His research helped to bring Qigong to the attention of the scientific community and the general public.
- Founder of the first Qigong hospital in China: Dr. Pang Ming founded the Hua’Xia Zhineng Qigong Training and Recovery Center, which was the first hospital in China to offer Qigong as a form of treatment.
- Global dissemination of Zhineng Qigong: Dr. Pang Ming played a key role in spreading the practice of Zhineng Qigong beyond China, by training instructors and practitioners and establishing Zhineng Qigong centers around the world.
Read up on how Dr Pang’s idea of the Qi Field differed compared to traditional ideas in this article Building a Powerful Qi Field in Zhineng Qigong
The Medicine-less Hospital
The Medicine-less hospital , known as the Hua’Xia Zhineng Qigong Center was revolutionary in it’s approach to treating illnesses. Being the largest of it’s kind, it purely used Zhineng Qigong to succesfully treat up to 400,000 patients suffering from various illnesses.
Established in 1988, it was the center for people who often had no other option, their condition was critical. Records show that the medicine-less hospital treated over 180 types of illnesses and disease, this ranged from in severity from low blood pressure to more serious illnesses like cancer.
In treating patients, referred to as students, the Hua’Xia Center for Zhineng Qigong produced and amazing effectiveness rate of 95%. Every student was empowered to treat themselves and create a healthy life for themselves. The same Qigong methods were used to treat all illnesses. The medicine-less hospital is no longer active today, but teachings from the healing center were passed on. Discover Hunyuan Qi Therapy, a medicine-less program that makes use of these methods.
Original Videos of Dr Pang Ming
Learn directly from Grandmaster and Professor Dr Pang Ming. To support Zhineng Qigong practitioners globally, we have an initiative to produce Original footage of Dr Pang with subtitles. Listen in on Dr Pangs lectures and gain special insight as he lectures on various topics of Qigong such as Hunyuan Qi, What is Qi, and the La Qi & Chen Qi methods.
Dr Pang Explains ‘Qi’
Dr Pang: Chen Qi Exercise
Dr Pang Explains the Basic Principles of External Hunyuan Qi
Dr Pang Ming Zhineng Qigong – The Dos and Don’ts of Chen Qi
What did Dr Pang do?
- Dr. Pang Ming’s Zhineng Qigong has been credited with helping to heal thousands of people from a wide range of illnesses, including cancer, heart disease, and chronic pain. This has led to the practice gaining popularity not only in China but also in other parts of the world. Explore our Teachers Directory to get in touch with a certified Teacher or Hunyuan Qi Therapist.
- Dr. Pang Ming’s approach to qigong emphasizes the importance of scientific research and has led to the publication of numerous scientific studies on the health benefits of qigong. This has helped to establish qigong as a legitimate form of complementary and alternative medicine. Enrich your knowledge on Qigong with interesting topics and discussions, discover Zhineng Qigong News
- Dr. Pang Ming’s teachings have influenced many other qigong teachers and practitioners, both in China and around the world. His approach emphasizes the importance of individualized practice and the integration of different qigong traditions.